Texas Sales Tax Rate Changes, January 2014
- Sales Tax Rate Changes
- Dec 3, 2013 | Gail Cole
Additional city sales and use taxes:
- Hawk Cove, in Hunt County: 1.25%, for a combined state and local rate of 8.25%.
- Lone Star, in Morris County: 1.5%, for a combined state and local rate of 8.25%.
- Los Indios, in Cameron County: 1.75%, for a combined state and local rate of 8.00%.
- Richland Springs, in San Saba County: 1.25%, for a combined state and local rate of 8.00%.
New special purpose district sales and use taxes:
- Hawk Cove Municipal Development District: 0.25%.
- Zavala County Assistance District: 0.5%.
Sales tax rates, rules, and regulations change frequently. Although we hope you'll find this information helpful, this blog is for informational purposes only and does not provide legal or tax advice.
Avalara Author Gail Cole
Gail began researching and writing about sales tax in 2012 and has been fascinated with it ever since. She has a penchant for uncovering unusual tax facts, and endeavors to make complex sales tax laws more digestible for both experts and laypeople.