Avalara Taxrates > Blog > Sales Tax News > Texas: Filing Mixed Beverage Sales Tax Reports - Avalara

Texas: Filing Mixed Beverage Sales Tax Reports

  • Jan 8, 2014 | Gail Cole

 Sell mixed drinks in Texas? How frequently do you file your mixed beverages sales tax reports?

Sellers of mixed beverages in Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts. Those receiving one may opt to file quarterly mixed beverage sales tax reports rather than monthly reports. The first quarterly mixed beverage sales tax report is due by Monday, April 21, 2014.

Sellers have the option of filing monthly sales tax reports instead. These would “cover the same period and would be due on the same date as your monthly mixed beverage gross receipts tax report.”

Filing status may be changed through the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts TELEFILE system, at 1-888-434-5464, or by mail. Mailed notices must be in the mail by Friday, January 17, 2014.

Additional information, including the address where notices should be mailed, is available at the online copy of the letter to mixed beverage sales taxpayers.

Get Free Tax Rate Tables

Texas State Rates

photo credit: Dinner Series via photopin cc

Sales tax rates, rules, and regulations change frequently. Although we hope you'll find this information helpful, this blog is for informational purposes only and does not provide legal or tax advice.
Gail Cole
Avalara Author
Gail Cole
Gail Cole
Avalara Author Gail Cole
Gail began researching and writing about sales tax in 2012 and has been fascinated with it ever since. She has a penchant for uncovering unusual tax facts, and endeavors to make complex sales tax laws more digestible for both experts and laypeople.