April 2014 Sales Tax Rate Changes
- Sales Tax Rate Changes
- Mar 17, 2014 | Gail Cole
April doesn’t just bring the showers that nourish May flowers. April brings sales tax rate changes.
The following states have announced rate changes for April 1, 2014:
- Arkansas and more Arkansas,
- Georgia and more Georgia,
- North Carolina,
- North Dakota,
- Oklahoma and more Oklahoma,
- Utah, and
The Nebraska Department of Revenue wanted to put fears of missed rate changes to rest. It announced there will be no rate changes in Nebraska in April 2014.
Other changes to take effect April 1, 2014:
- Minnesota’s new storage and warehouse tax takes effect; and
- Numerous Washington State cities are annexing surrounding areas, which can impact sales tax rates.
On the global front:
- Japan is still on track to increase the VAT increase from 5% to 8% on April 1, in spite of economic concerns; and
- South Africa is set to extend the VAT to foreign suppliers of electronic services on April 1.
Don’t let sales tax rate changes get you down. Switch to an automated solution.