Arkansas Sales Tax Rate Changes, July 2014
- Apr 21, 2014 | Gail Cole
Numerous July 2014 local Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration website.
Changes due to enactment
- Bradford, in White County, will impose a new 2% sales and use tax; and
- Horatio, in Sevier County, will impose a new 1% sales and use tax.
Changes due to annexation
Annexation can impact sales and use tax rates. The department has announced that the following cities will be subject to annexation but not how the annexation will impact rates.
- Bella Vista, in Benton County;
- Fort Smith, in Sebastian County; and
- Mountain Home, in Baxter County.
Sales tax rate increases
- Searcy, in White County, will increase by 1% to 1.5%;
- Stuttgart, in Arkansas County, will increase by 1% to 3%;
- Calhoun County will increase by 0.25% to 2.5%; and
- Yell County will increase by 1% to 2%.
How do you keep track of sales tax changes in Arkansas and other states? Learn how an automated solution works.
photo credit: kevin dooley via photopin cc
Sales tax rates, rules, and regulations change frequently. Although we hope you'll find this information helpful, this blog is for informational purposes only and does not provide legal or tax advice.
Avalara Author Gail Cole
Gail began researching and writing about sales tax in 2012 and has been fascinated with it ever since. She has a penchant for uncovering unusual tax facts, and endeavors to make complex sales tax laws more digestible for both experts and laypeople.