Arkansas Sales Tax Rate Changes, July 2014
- Sales Tax Rate Changes
- Apr 21, 2014 | Gail Cole
Numerous July 2014 local Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration website.
Changes due to enactment
- Bradford, in White County, will impose a new 2% sales and use tax; and
- Horatio, in Sevier County, will impose a new 1% sales and use tax.
Changes due to annexation
Annexation can impact sales and use tax rates. The department has announced that the following cities will be subject to annexation but not how the annexation will impact rates.
- Bella Vista, in Benton County;
- Fort Smith, in Sebastian County; and
- Mountain Home, in Baxter County.
Sales tax rate increases
- Searcy, in White County, will increase by 1% to 1.5%;
- Stuttgart, in Arkansas County, will increase by 1% to 3%;
- Calhoun County will increase by 0.25% to 2.5%; and
- Yell County will increase by 1% to 2%.