Colorado Sales Tax Rate Changes, July 2014
- Sales Tax Rate Changes
- Jun 19, 2014 | Gail Cole
Several upcoming Colorado Department of Revenue.
State collected city taxes
The following changes take effect July 1, 2014:
- The sales tax rate for Estes Park will increase from 4% to 5%; and a 2% use tax applies to motor vehicles. No exemptions apply.
- The sales tax rate for Keenseburg will increase from 2% to 3%; and a 3% use tax applies to construction materials. Food for home consumption is exempt.
- The sales tax rate in Castle Pines will drop “if purchases are made from certain area subject to a Public Improvement Fee (PIR) and/or Retail Sales Fee. An exemption applies to the following: food for home consumption; gas, electricity, etc, for residential use; and occasional sales by charitable organizations.
Other fee changes
The service fee will increase to 3 1/3% for the following:
- The Colorado state sales tax rate of 2.9%;
- The Regional Transportation District tax rate of 1%; and
- The Scientific and Cultural Facilities District tax rate of 0.1%.
New exemptions will apply to each of the above taxes. Additional information, including a list of all applicable exemptions, is available on the department of revenue web page, July 1, 2014 Sales Tax Rate Changes.
An automated solution helps business manage sales tax changes efficiently and effectively. Learn more.