California: Electronic Filing FAQS
- Aug 25, 2014 | Gail Cole
Filing sales and use tax returns electronically is encouraged in California State Board of Equalization has posted e-Filing FAQs on its website.
The FAQs explain the benefits of e-filing and e-filing options. The BOE offers a free e-filing option, BOE-file. Taxpayers may also use Direct Transmit or contact the BOE about other service providers, some of which may charge a fee.
Certain accounts are not eligible for e-filing. These are:
- Accounts requiring reporting on schedules other than Schedule A, B, C, E, G, and/or Schedule A and B.
- BOE-designated confidential accounts for “Safe at Home” program accounts.
- Accounts claiming Aircraft Adjustments for local tax purposes.
- Accounts registered to a permanent place of business that make sales from temporary locations and are required to complete form BOE-530-B.
- Amended or corrected returns.
Like the idea of e-filing? Learn how automated sales tax software works.