California Sales Tax Rate Changes, October 2014
- Sales Tax Rate Changes
- Sep 4, 2014 | Gail Cole
Local sales tax rates are going up in California, effective October 1, 2014. Not all of them, but a healthy handful.
Rate increases are scheduled for the following areas:
- City of Anderson (Shasta County): up 0.5% to 8%.
- City of Cotali (Sonoma County): up 0.5% to 9.25%.
- City of Davis (Yolo County): up 0.5% to 8.5%.
- City of Hayward (Alameda County): up 0.5% to 9.5%.
- City of San Pablo (Contra Costa County): up 0.25% to 9.25%.
- City of Watsonville (Santa Cruz County): up 0.5% to 9%.
- Town of Truckee (Nevada County): up 0.25% to 8.375%.
Numerous tax rates have also been extended:
- Alameda County: 9% rate extended to 6.30.2034.
- City of Cathedral City (Riverside County): 9% rate extended indefinitely.
- City of Woodland (Yolo County): 8.25% rate extended to 9.30.2014.
California State Board of Equalization.
Sales tax rates change. Stay on top of changes with automated sales tax software. Learn more.