Arizona TPT Rate Changes, Spring 2015
- Sales Tax Rate Changes
- Feb 2, 2015 | Gail Cole
Several local rate changes will take effect this spring in Arizona Department of Revenue.
Effective March 1, 2015, the Town of Camp Verde will increase the rate of transaction privilege tax from 3% to 3.65%. The change applies to the following business classifications:
- Amusements, exhibitions, and similar activities
- Construction contracting, construction contractors, construction contracting: speculative builders, and construction contractors: owner-builders
- Job printing
- Manufactured buildings
- Timbering and other extraction
- Publishing and periodicals distribution
- Rental, leasing and licensing for use of tangible property
- Restaurants and bars
- Retail sales
- Transporting for hire
- Utility services
In addition, the rate of use tax in Camp Verde will increase from 2% to 3.65% on March 1. The rate change applies to Section 8-610 of the Arizona Tax Code but does not apply to the following:
- Rental, leasing and licensing for use of real property
- Rental, leasing and licensing for use of real property: additional tax upon transient lodging
Effective April 1, 2015, the Town of Guadalupe, will establish an additional hotel/motel tax on transient lodging at the rate of 6%.
Additional information about these changes, including new city business codes, is available on the Department of Revenue publication Transaction Privilege Tax Changes and News.
Find accurate local transaction tax rates in all states. Learn more.