New York Sales Tax Rate Changes, March 2015
- Sales Tax Rate Changes
- Feb 2, 2015 | Gail Cole
Two local sales tax rate changes take effect in New York Department of Taxation and Finance.
The City of Corning is repealing its local sales and use tax. Beginning March 1, the new rate of sales tax for Corning will be 8% (the 4% state rate and the 4% county rate). Please see sales tax bulletin ST-15-1 for additional information, including how the change impacts the reporting everything from admissions charges to telephone services.
The City of Hornell is also repealing its local sales and use tax. The new rate of sales tax in Hornell will be 8% (the 4% state sales tax and the 4% county sales tax). Please see sales tax bulletin ST-15-2 for additional information, including how the change impacts reporting sales of admissions, hotel occupancy, layaway sales, and other specific situations.
Numerous tax bulletins have been updated to reflect the above changes, including the following:
- Publication 718-C, Sales and Use Tax Rates on Clothing and Footwear.
- Publication 718-CS, Local Sales and Use Tax Rates on Sales and Installations of Commercial Solar Energy Systems Equipment.
- Publication 718-F, Local Sales and Use Tax Rates on Qualified Motor Fuel, Highway Diesel Motor Fuel, and B20 Biodiesel.
- Publication 718-R, Local Sales and Use Tax Rates on Residential Energy.
- Publication 718-S, Local Sales and Use Tax Rates on Sales and Installations of Residential Solar Energy Systems Equipment.
Find accurate sales tax rates for local jurisdictions in all states. Learn more.