Avalara Taxrates > Blog > Sales Tax Rate Changes > More Louisiana Sales Tax Rate Changes, April 2015 - Avalara

More Louisiana Sales Tax Rate Changes, April 2015


 Lots of Louisiana local sales tax rate changes take effect April 1, 2015.

The Louisiana Association of Tax Administrators has published numerous local Louisiana sales tax rate changes, effective April 1, 2015. Additional changes were announced last week.

The combined local rate in Colfax, Grant Parish, has increased from 5% to 6%. The new total rate of sales tax is 10%.

There is a new Economic Development District in Iberville Parish: The University Club Center EDD St. Gabriel Corporation Limits has a combined local rate of 7.666% and a total rate of 11.666%.

Many rates in Lafayette Parish have increased:

  • The combined local rate in Lafayette, excluding the EDD, has increased from 4% to 5%.The new total rate is 9%.
  • The combined local rate in Lafayette, including the 1-10 @ MM 103-EDD, has increased from 5% to 6%. The new total rate is 10%.
  • The combined local rate for Broussard inside Lafayette Parish has increased from 4.5% to 5.5%. The new total rate is 9.5%.
  • The combined local rate for Carencro outside the I-49 EDD has increased from 4% to 5%. The new total rate of sales tax is 9%.
  • The combined local rate for Carencro inside the I-499 EDD has increased from 5% to 6%. The new total rate is 10%.
  • The combined local rate for Duson inside Lafayette Parish has increased from 4% to 5%, for a new total rate of 9%.
  • The combined local rate for Scott outside EDDs has increased from 4% to 5%, for a new total rate of 9%.
  • The combined local rate for Scott inside Apollo EDD increased from 5% to 6%. The new total rate of sales tax is 10%.
  • The combined local rate for Scott inside Destination Pt EDD increased from 5% to 6%, for a new total rate of 10%.
  • The combined local rate for Youngsville increased from 5.5% to 6.5%, for a new total rate of 10.5%.
  • The combined local rate in the Balance of the Parish increased from 4% to 5%, for a new total rate of 9%.

The municipal tax rate in West Monroe, Ouachita Parish, has increased by 0.44%. The new combined local rate is 5.99% and the new total rate is 9.99%.

In Richland Parish, Delhi has increased the city/town tax by 0.5%, for a new combined local rate of 6% and a new total rate of 10%.

There is a new jurisdiction in St. Tammany Parish: Northshore Square EDD has a combined local rate of 5.25% and a total state and local rate of 9.25%.

The combined local rate of sales tax in Terrebonne Parish increased from 5% to 5.5%, for a new total rate of 9.5%.

It is extremely challenging to keep track of sales tax rate changes manually, although tools like this free sales tax rate map do help.

Implementing automated sales tax Software-as-a-Service facilitates transaction tax management and increases compliance. Learn how it works.

Photo credit


Gail Cole
Avalara Author
Gail Cole
Gail Cole
Avalara Author Gail Cole
Gail began researching and writing about sales tax in 2012 and has been fascinated with it ever since. She has a penchant for uncovering unusual tax facts, and endeavors to make complex sales tax laws more digestible for both experts and laypeople.