Tax Relief for Flooded Louisianans
- Sales Tax News
- Jul 24, 2015 | Gail Cole
Here in Western Washington, where it is so dry that the rain forest is burning, it can be difficult to remember that some of the country is being inundated. Yet heavy rains have indeed been plaguing parts of Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Minnesota, Texas, and several other states. Then there’s poor California, which is simultaneously suffering from flooding and drought-induced fires.
In Louisiana Department of Revenue is waiving late filing penalties and granting extensions for businesses with a principal place of business or critical tax records located in those areas.
For affected taxpayers, due dates for the following taxes are extended to August 15, 2015:
- Sales Tax
- Ernest N. Morial New Orleans Exhibition Hall Authority Food and Beverage Tax
- Hotel Occupancy Tax
- Sales and Use Tax-Monthly
- Prepaid Wireless Telecommunications 911 Service
- Excise Taxes
- Alcohol Beverage Tax
- Beer Tax
- Motor Fuels and Petroleum Products Inspection Fee
- Motor Fuels and Petroleum Products Inspection Fee Importers
- Tobacco Tax
- Transportation and Communication Tax-Monthly Return
- Assorted Severance Taxes
For additional information, please see Revenue Information Bulletin No. 15-031.
Automated sales tax software as a service can't avert disaster, but it can help dealing with the aftermath. Learn more.