Arizona Tax Rate Changes for November 2015, January 2016
- Sales Tax Rate Changes
- Aug 19, 2015 | Gail Cole
Update, 11.11.2015: Additional January sales tax changes.
Simplifying transaction tax compliance is a priority for the Arizona Department of Revenue. The state is committed to providing a greater degree of uniformity for reporting purposes while allowing individual cities and towns to retain as much autonomy as possible. The Model City Tax Code (MCTC), now maintained by the department, is the product of more than a decade’s work on simplifying local privilege tax administration in Arizona.
Recent and proposed changes to the MCTC have been announced for the following:
- Surprise: Effective November 1, 2015, the hotel/motel (additional tax) will increase from 2.52% to 4.52%.
Town of Gilbert: Effective January 1, 2016, the rate of taxation for the following businesses classes will drop to 0%:
- Feed at wholesale business class (from 1.5%)
- Timbering and other extraction business class (from 1.5%)
- Severance – metal mining (from 0.10%)
- City of Winslow: Effective January 1, 2016, the city will extend its additional 1% privilege tax for an additional 20 years (until January 1, 2036). The local tax rate for Winslow therefore remains 3%.
Additional information is available on the Arizona Department of Revenue’s Model City Tax Code webpage.
Find accurate local tax rates in all states with Avalara’s free sales tax map.