September 2015 Sales Tax Changes
- Aug 26, 2015 | Gail Cole
Although not the start of a new quarter, several sales tax changes will take effect in September 2015. Changes include the following.
Local sales tax rate changes
Sales tax exemptions
- Alabama: The Birmingham Zoo is exempt from paying state, county and municipal sales tax effective September 1, 2015.
- Chicago: The so-called Netflix Tax and Personal Property Lease Transaction Tax that took effect on July 1 will be enforced as of September 1.
- Arizona: Tax amnesty runs September 1 through October 31, 2015.
- Indiana: Tax amnesty runs September 15 through November 16, 2015.
- Kansas: Tax amnesty runs September 1 through October 15, 2015.
- Maryland: Tax amnesty runs September 1 through October 30, 2015.
- Missouri: Tax amnesty runs September 1 through November 30, 2015.
- Oklahoma: Voluntary Compliance Initiative runs September 14 through November 13, 2015.
- Tucson, Arizona: Tax amnesty runs September 1 through October 30, 2015.
- Colorado: There will be a one-day tax holiday from the special 10% tax imposed on recreational marijuana on September 16, 2015.
- South Carolina: New taxpayer portal launches at DOR on September 1.
- Texas: The 2% special tax on fireworks levied in addition to sales tax is repealed.
- Washington: Click-through nexus takes effect.
Simplify transaction tax compliance in all states by implementing an automated solution. Learn more.