Washington: Q4 2015 Annexations Could Impact Sales Tax
- Aug 13, 2015 | Gail Cole
Cities in Washington are growing. As a result, sales tax rates in the annexed areas could be impacted.
The following cities are increasing their boundaries through annexations, effective October 1, 2015:
- Aberdeen, Grays Harbor County
- Brier, Snohomish County
- Colfax, Whitman County (2 distinct annexations)
- College Place, Walla Walla County
- Kennewick, Benton County
- Kettle Falls, Stevens County (2 distinct annexations)
- Lacey, Thurston County
- Milton, Pierce County
- Othello, Adams County
- Pasco, Franklin County (2 distinct annexations)
- Pateros, Okanogan County
- Quincy, Grant County (2 distinct annexations)
- Ridgefield, Clark County
- Sequim, Clallam County
- Soap Lake, Grant County
- Tumwater, Thurston County
Businesses that make sales in neighboring areas are advised to contact city planning departments for additional information. Additional information.
Accurate local sales tax rates are available in this sales tax rate map.