Arizona Tax Rate Changes, November 2015
- Sales Tax Rate Changes
- Sep 22, 2015 | Gail Cole
Local tax jurisdictions in Arizona have announced rate changes, effective November 1, 2015.
Sierra Vista is increasing transaction privilege tax (TPT) from 1.75% to 1.95% for the following business classifications (listed with business reporting code):
- Advertising (SR 018)
- Amusement (SR 012)
- Feed at wholesale (SR 116)
- Job printing (SR 010)
- Manufactured buildings (SR 027)
- Timbering and other extraction (SR 020)
- Publishing (SR 009)
- Rental, leasing, and licensing for use of tangible personal property (SR 214)
- Retail sales business class (SR 017)
- Retail sales food for home consumption (SR 062)
- MRRA amount (SR 315)
- Use tax: purchases (SR 029)
- Use tax: inventory (SR 030)
Rates for other business classifications in Sierra Vista remain unchanged.
The Town of Jerome is increasing transaction privilege tax from 3.5% to 4.5% for Restaurant and bars business class (JO 011). In addition:
"Ordinance Number 417 revokes Model Option 6 of the Model City Tax Code that prohibits the imposition of an additional transient ("hotel") tax as part of the transaction privilege tax, and creates Hotel/Motel (Additional Tax) Classification at two percent (2.0%). For reporting purposes, Region Code/Business Code (JO 144) for Hotel/Motel (Additional Tax) will be used."
Surprise is increasing hotel/motel tax from 2.52% to 4.52%.
Additional information regarding the above changes is available at the Model City Tax Code.
Find accurate transaction tax rate information quickly and easily with this free sales tax rate map.