Kansas Sales Tax Rate Changes, January 2016
- Sales Tax Rate Changes
- Dec 3, 2015 | Gail Cole
Update, 2.8.2016: The Kansas Department of Revenue has posted the following correction on its website:
Effective 01/01/2016 - CORRECTION: The local sales tax rate for the city of Shawnee and the two special districts found within will not change on January 1, 2016 as previously indicated in the Department of Revenue Pub. KS-1700 or in Notice EDU-96.
Several local rate changes will take effect in Kansas on January 1, 2016.
The new combined rates for each tax jurisdiction are listed parenthetically below.
City rate changes
- City of Shawnee: 9.225% corrected rate, 9.350%
- Shawnee Plaza TDD: 10.225% corrected rate, 10.125%
- Shawnee Ten Quivira Plaza CID: 9.725% corrected rate, 9.850%
New special districts (special district tax rate)
- Dodge City McDonalds CID: (0.5%), 9.65%
- Lenexa City Center East: (1%), 10.10%
- Liberal CID (2%), 11.25%
- Salina S&B South Ninth CID (2%), 10.4%
- Wichita Kellogg and West CID (1%), 8.5
Special district address changes
- Wichita K-96 Greenwich Star Bond CID, 8.5%
- Wichita K-96 Greenwich Star Bond District, 7.5%
Additional information, including jurisdiction codes, is available on the Kansas Department of Revenue website.
Find accurate local sales tax rates for every address in the nation with this free sales tax rate map.