Virginia Fuels Tax Rates, January 2016
- Dec 15, 2015 | Gail Cole
The Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles has set the statewide average wholesale price of a gallon of gasoline and diesel fuel for the period January 1, 2016 – June 30, 2016. These prices are used to determine Virginia fuel tax rates.
For the first half of 2016, fuel tax rates are as follows:
- Gasoline: 16 and 2/10 cents (0.162) per gallon
- Diesel: 20 and 2/10 cents (0.202) per gallon
- Blended fuels: 16 and 2/10 cents (0.162) per gallon
- Aviation fuels: five cents (0.05) per gallon
- Alternative fuels 16 and 2/10 cents per GGE (0.162)
See the DMV for additional information.
Simplify fuel tax compliance in all states. Learn how.