Washington Sales Tax Rate Changes, April 2016
- Sales Tax Rate Changes
- Feb 8, 2016 | Gail Cole
Several sales and use tax rate increases will take effect in Washington State, effective April 1, 2016.
City rate increases (raise revenue for transportation services):
- Centralia: + 0.2% for a new rate of 8.2%
- Clarkston: + 0.2% for a new rate of 7.9%
- Enumclaw: + 0.1% for a new rate of 8.7%
- Mill Creek: + 0.3% for a new rate of 9.9%
- Monroe: + 0.3% for a new rate of 9.2%
- Shelton: + 0.2% for a new rate of 8.8%
- Tacoma: + 0.1% for a new rate of 9.6%
County rate increases:
Clallam County: + 0.2% (for optional sales tax) for a new rate of 8.4% in the unincorporated areas. Also affected:
- Forks: 8.4%
- Port Angeles: 8.4%
- Sequim TBD: 8.7%
Pacific County: + 0.1% (for emergency communication) for a new rate of 8% in the unincorporated area and the following:
- Long Beach
- South Bend
- Snohomish County: + 0.3% (for transportation) (click on link for new rates)
Special rates may apply to the sale or lease of motor vehicles. Additional information is available through the Washington State Department of Revenue. Local rates for all states are available on this free sales tax rate map.
Automated sales tax services (SaaS) simplifies sales and use tax compliance. Learn more.