California Sales Tax Rate Changes, April 2016
- Sales Tax Rate Changes
- Mar 9, 2016 | Gail Cole
Several local sales and use tax rate changes are scheduled to take effect in California on April 1, 2016.
- City of Dunsmuir, Siskiyou County: increasing from 7.5% to 8%
- City of Greenfield, Monterey County: increasing from 8.625% to 9.375%
- City of South San Francisco: increasing from 9% to 9.5%
- City of Half Moon Bay, San Mateo County: decreasing from 9.5% to 9%
- City of Novato, Marin County: decreasing from 9% to 8.75%
- City of Tracy, San Joaquin County: decreasing from 8.5% to 8%
Extending existing taxes
- City of Greenfield, Monterey County: the 9.375% tax rate is extended indefinitely
- City of Hercules, Contra Costa County: the 9% tax rate is extended indefinitely
- City of San Mateo, San Mateo County: the 9.25% tax rate is set to expire on March 31, 2048
Additional information is available on the California State Board of Equalization website.