Illinois Telecommunications Tax Rate Changes
- Sales Tax Rate Changes
- Apr 11, 2016 | Gail Cole
Numerous municipalities in Illinois will increase the rate of simplified municipal telecommunications tax, effective July 1, 2016.
The state telecommunications excise tax rate in Illinois is 7%. Outside of Chicago, local simplified municipal telecommunications tax rates may be up to a maximum rate of 6%, for a maximum possible combined rate of 13%.
Local rate changes (with new combined state and local rates)
- DePue, Bureau County: up 2.75% (13%)
- Eddyville, Pope County: up 6% (13%)
- Mansfield, Piatt County: up 3% (13%)
- Oblong, Crawford County: up 3% (11%)
- Ottawa, LaSalle County: up 5% (12%)
Additional information is available through the Illinois Department of Revenue.
Simplify transaction tax compliance in all states with automation. Learn more.