New Florida Exemptions
- Apr 15, 2016 | Gail Cole
Several new sales and use tax exemptions are created under Florida’s newly enacted budget.
Chapter 2016-220 provides a sales and use tax exemption for the following:
- Aircraft to be registered in a foreign jurisdiction, under certain conditions
- Mixer drums affixed to a mixer truck under certain conditions (repealed effective April 30, 2017)
- Qualifying clothing and school supplies during the August 2016 sales tax holiday
- Qualifying ‘postharvest machinery and equipment’
- Sales of food or drinks by qualified veterans’ organizations in connection with customary veterans’ organization activities to members of qualified veterans’ organizations
It also removes the expiration date “on the exemption for purchases of certain machinery and equipment and revising the definition of the term ‘eligible manufacturing business’ for purposes of qualification for the sales and use tax exemption.”
These provisions take effect July 1, 2016.
Facilitate management of sales and use tax in all states with sales tax software (SaaS). Learn more.