Kansas Sales Tax Rate Changes, July 2016
- Sales Tax Rate Changes
- May 10, 2016 | Gail Cole
Numerous local sales and use tax rate changes are scheduled to take effect in Kansas on July 1, 2016.
City rate change
The rate for the City of Ottawa is changing, bringing the combined state and local rate to 9.6%. The city rate change also affects two special districts in Ottawa (listed below with their new combined rates):
- Ottawa Center CID, 9.9%
- Ottawa South 59 TDD, 10.6%
New special districts
Beginning July 1, there will be several new special districts (community improvement district, STAR bond, and/or transportation development district), which are listed below with the district rate and the combined state and local rate:
- Dodge City Heritage Area STAR Bond, 9.15%
- El Dorado Days Inn Hotel CIT (2%), 9.75%
- Great Bend Holiday Inn Express CID (2%), 10.25%
- Kansas City Legends Apartment CID & Race Track STAR Bond (0.60%), 9.725%
- Kansas City Legends Apartment CID & Village West TDD (1.2%), 10.325%
- Kansas City Legends CID & TDD (1.2%), 10.325%
- Westwood Woodside CID (1.1%), 9.825%
Special district address changes
Address ranges in the following special districts are changing effective July 1:
- Kansas City Legends TDD, 9.725%
- Kansas City Race Track STAR Bond, 9.125%
- Kansas City Village West – West End TDD, 9.725%
Additional information, including special district address ranges, is available through the Kansas Department of Revenue.
Facilitate sales tax compliance in all states with sales tax software (SaaS). Learn more.