California sales tax rate changes, October 2016
- Sales Tax Rate Changes
- Sep 8, 2016 | Gail Cole
Several local sales and use tax rate increases are scheduled to take effect in California on October 1, 2016.
The following rate changes apply only within the indicated city limits:
- Compton (Los Angeles County): up from 9% to 10%
- Corning (Tehama County): up from 7.5% to 8%
- Isleton (Sacramento County): up from 8% to 8.5%
- Marysville (Yuba County): up from 7.5% to 8.5%
- San Jose (Santa Clara County): up from 8.75% to 9%
Additional information, including new reporting codes, is available from the California State Board of Equalization.
Sales tax software facilitates sales and use tax compliance in all states. Learn more.