Kentucky sales tax changes effective June 27, 2019
There are no updates to sales and use tax laws taking place in June 2019. However, the Kentucky Department of Revenue has issued a statement emphasizing the July 2018 changes encompassed in HB 487. Specifically, they point out the following.
- Potential liabilities coming from sales into out-of-state jurisdictions.
- Laws pertaining to absorbing taxes in the cost of goods or services.
- Proper disclosure of sales tax for tickets or events.
Finally, the following points are up for review by the 2019 General Assembly.
- Issues relating to sales tax on nonprofits including a repeal of sales tax on tickets for education events sponsored by nonprofit entities.
- Taxes on landscaping services performed by a subcontractor.
Sales tax guide for Kentucky businesses
Our free, online guide covers all aspects of managing Kentucky sales tax compliance. Topics include:
- Business registration
- Collecting sales tax
- Filing sales tax returns
- State nexus obligations
- And more!