Exporting Shopify Sales Tax Data
We get questions every day from users who need to export their sales data from their ecommerce, shopping cart, or accounting software in CSV form. We can help with that! Many of the platform you are currently using have published instructions, but they can be difficult to find. For Shopify users, the answers turns out to be quite straight forward.
Below you’ll find step-by-step instructions for how to export your sales tax data from your Shopify account. Be sure to log into Shopify to get started.
Shopify Download Instructions
- Click Export in the header of the Orders page
- From the pop-up, click Export orders by date.
- Set the Start Date and End Date for the orders you want to export.
- Select to export your orders for Excel, Numbers, or another spreadsheet program for editing, or as a plain CSV file
- Click Export Orders to download your transaction information. Do not click on Export transaction history as it will not include shipping address information.
- You will receive an email with a link to download your CSV file.
Importing Your Shopify Data into TrustFile
Once you’ve saved your Shopify sales tax data in CSV form, you’re ready to upload it to TrustFile. Just sign into your TrustFile account, enter your company info and upload your file.
If you’re having trouble finding the file you’ve downloaded, look in the “Downloads” folder on your computer. This is often the default location downloaded files are saved. Still having issues? Let us know.