Product Designer I
Engineering | Seattle, WA, United StatesApply Now!
- Analyzing tax forms and tax rates to map customer data to a tax form.
- Assisting the design team with research necessary for defining tax form requirements.
- Reviewing tax data collected and providing other teams a solution for reporting on forms.
- Understanding the technical implementation of the tax forms, including the architecture and data model.
- Working with Quality Assurance to help in understanding requirements and needed test cases for enhancements and updates.
- Investigating tax form issues reported by clients / technical support and proposing solutions and/or enhancements to improve the application.
- Interacting with the team to understand processes and capture business requirements.
- Supporting the tax product design team in achieving their goals and objectives.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Technical aptitude and ability to solve entry level programming problems.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle.
- Eagerness to contribute in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Ability to take initiative and own a problem or concept and drive to a solution.
- Basic knowledge of database management systems – SQL Server.
- Ability to effectively communicate with other staff members across all teams and with external clients.
- This position is not expected to include travel requirements. Less than 5% travel expected.
- Undergraduate degree from accredited, 2 or 4-year institution.
- Experience: 2-7 years
- Experience analyzing Excise and/or Sales & Use tax returns
- Experience in filing Excise and/or sales & Use tax returns
- Industry or government experience in Excise or Sales & Use
- Experience as a business analyst
- Technical aptitude and ability to solve entry level programming problems
- Experience with basic computer programming constructs and data types
- if-then-else, string, number, etc
- Experience using Adobe Acrobat Professional to create and manipulate PDF files