Implementation Consultant (5810)
Professional Services | Durham, NC, United StatesApply Now!
- Manage a portfolio of ~200+ customers as they implement Avalara’s tax compliance automation products
- Assist customers in planning their implementation of Avalara’s tax automation suite to support their business processes and industry best practices
- Track key aspects of customer implementations, including key tasks, target dates, forecast dates, risk factors and customer interactions
- Engage internal and external business partners as part of the project management process
- Support customers’ success by answering application questions, tracking issues, monitoring changes and resolving or escalating problems according to company guidelines
- Provide training and end-user support during customer onboarding
- Update internal implementation tracking systems in a timely and accurate manner for cross-departmental visibility and reporting
- Follow established implementation standards and operating procedures
- Passionate about customer success, both individual customers and Avalara’s customers
- Demonstrated experience supporting customers during software implementation projects
- Thrive in a fast-paced customer service environment, managing a large portfolio of active customers through their implementation process; organization and the ability to balance multiple clients and varying needs is critical to this role’s success
- Goal-driven and self-motivated towards continual improvement in knowledge, efficiency, productivity and customer service; Implementation Specialists are measured on a combination of the number of projects successfully completed per month and the quality of the implementation
- Strong communication skills; as a more senior role in the Implementation Support department you may be called upon to make presentations either internally or externally, to train coworkers or customers on products and best practices
- Ability to quickly evaluate a customer’s abilities and adapt instructions and training accordingly
- Strong team collaborator, believing that the success of the group is as important as individual success
- Flexibility, welcoming growth and change
- Personify the Avalara Success Traits: Ownership,Simplicity, Curiosity, Adaptability, Urgency, Optimism, Humility
- Preferred Qualifications
- Experience implementing and maintaining ERP, accounting, Point of Sale or eCom systems and the tax compliance aspects of these systems
- Experience as a Tax Manager, Tax Accountant or bookkeeper for a business
- Software development experience, preferably REST
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
The perks of working at Avalara go beyond amazing physical spaces and a Tiki Bar. We’re committed to continued progress in diversity and inclusion. As an employee at Avalara, you’ll have the opportunity to join resource groups focused on diversity of thought, engage with your local or global community about topics that matter to you and the organization and receive continued education around inclusion and development. As Avalara grows, so do the voices within it. It’s time to hear your voice.