Sr Director, Experience Operations
Customer Success | Durham, NC, United StatesApply Now!
As the Senior Director of Experience Operations, you have ultimate responsibility of defining, supporting and continually improving scalable processes, programs, tooling and performance management analytics across the Customer Success organization and ensuring they scale elegantly and effectively, unlocking our ability to support customer growth.
Yours is a shared services team supporting the Support, Go Live (customer product implementation) and Customer Account Manager (CAM) teams. You are responsible for the development and delivery of training programs, creating and maintaining internal knowledgebase tools for agents, customer facing self-help solutions, process design and improvement, integrating new products into the supported teams, reporting and analytics, work force management, call center technologies and agent QA. Primary objectives are to ensure agents have the knowledge, tools and process to successfully resolve customer issues while constantly analyzing why customers are contacting us and driving efficiencies and improvements to reduce the need for customers to contact us.
You will provide exceptional leadership & management to deliver on our “Cult of the Customer” (by Shep Hyken) experience and service to our customers. You have a love for technology and a drive for operational excellence. You will inspire, motivate and lead the team to continue to push the boundaries of customer excellence and scalable solutions. You will engage with senior stakeholders on opportunities to improve our operational practices. You will work across customer organizations and multiple product and development teams to ensure customers’ are delivered exceptional service that continually raises the bar. You are highly collaborative, and a trusted partner to the other Customer Experience and Loyalty business leaders as well as our Engineering, Product & Design teams.
The ideal candidate is one that lives to serve customers and their team. They will thrive in a fast-paced environment, act quickly to identify and improve key metrics, and solve high-impact business problems. This position requires that a person enjoy ambiguous operating environments and adapting to change. If you love to put the right solutions and processes into place, enjoy partnering with numerous organizational stakeholders, and relish delivering impactful outcomes, this role may be for you. This is a high visibility role, responsible for creating alignment across the business and updating senior leaders. As such, the ideal candidate has strong communications skills, is a proven transformational change agent, thought leader, and has a desire to be in a key strategic position.
- Ensure your internal customers (support, go-live and customer account management) have the processes, tools, training, knowledge and operational support (WFM, reporting, QA) they require to meet and exceed Customer Experience SLA’s/KPI’s.
- Engage and partner with senior leaders to understand business needs and align corporate strategy to business objectives in services teams
- Drive process improvement and efficiencies by applying six sigma/Lean methodologies, analyzing why customers are contacting us and manage cross organizational meetings with business owners to assign ownership to issues and identify solutions that will increase customer satisfaction and reduce the necessity for customers to contact us. This includes reinventing delivery methods at scale, content management & innovation, evaluation and integration of new on-line/product requirements for self-service.
- Invest in creating positive interactions along the customer journey to generate value for our customers and partners as well as satisfaction for our employees
- Drive the successful execution of strategic, cross-functional programs to address critical business issues or opportunities (e.g., operational infrastructure of systems, processes, tooling) to accommodate the scalability and rapid growth of our business
- Ensure all current processes are accurate and documented to support training curriculum.
- Develop and drive operational best practices with a focus on outcomes for our customers globally. You will identify and own global initiatives to align service strategy with product vision and expansion that will continue to optimize our highly customer focused operational teams.
- Create a data-driven culture through expansion of our customer operational reporting abilities and alignment to operational prioritization
- Develop and implement training and enablement programs and and tools that optimize the ramp period for new agents, are scalable and ensure sufficient knowledge and capabilities of agents prior to customer interaction.
- Create systems to raise internal awareness of customer impacting bugs, features and/or issues, and drive the appropriate prioritization for fixes. You will represent Customer success across the business as your team addresses operational customer experience issues
- The right person will have strong people management and operations experience of 8+ years with a track record of success in a large scale Customer Service/Contact Center environment leading and managing teams, achieving SLA’s and resolving customer issues.
- They will have managed, have significant expertise in or have been responsible for the following areas: Training development and delivery, Process Management and Improvement, creating and maintaining internal knowledge base tools for agents, customer facing self-help solutions, integrating new products into the supported teams, reporting and analytics, Work Force Management, call center technologies and agent QA.
- They will have experience with Six Sigma, Lean or TQM methodologies and a record of innovative programs that improve operations, scalability and operational efficiencies of support-related processes.
- Experience with and ability to assess need for and manage contact center tools. (ACD, WFM, chat platform, analytics, knowledge base tools, etc)
- Have strong analytical skills and experience in leading multi-functional regional and or global teams for improved operational outcomes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, which will be key in driving customer and internal communications.
- Bachelor's degree
- Proven strategic thinking, budgeting and planning expertise
- Excellent ability to make sound decisions
- Excellent people management skills, with highly effective team management capabilities and ability to partner with leadership team.
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to corporate mission.
- Flexible and able to multitask; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
- Master’s degree in business or related field.
- Salesforce experience
- Strong technical background and working knowledge of SaaS and cloud service offerings
- Six Sigma Black Belt or equivalent process improvement experience
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.