Sr. Manager, Billing Operations
Finance | Seattle, WA, United StatesApply Now!
- Ensure that customers receive accurate and timely invoices
- Responsible for planning, organizing and managing billing operations team. Including setting strategic direction, lead, build and mentor group
- Responsible for the recruitment, retention, and development of billing staff.
- Ensures the accuracy of billing reports and metrics and uses the information to manage productivity and accuracy of the billing team
- Implement quality assurance measures that reduce billing errors
- Design, implement, and enforce consistent billing processes and procedures
- Oversee the timely completion of month-end close activities related to billing
- Consistently reviews the effectiveness of billing processes and makes recommendations for improvement
- Coordinate billing audit and compliance activities
- Responsible for the resolution of complex billing matters
- Maintain strong customer relationships to ensure the immediate resolution of problems as well as being responsive to future needs
- 7+ years of experience managing the billing function for a company with annual revenues of at least $100 million – experience with SaaS, subscription, or other recurring revenue businesses a plus
- B.S./B.A. in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance is preferred
- Proven track record of building, managing and scaling billing teams and processes
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Proven ability to integrate quality assurance measures into the billing process
- Thorough understanding of Quote to Cash processes
- Excellent understanding of Finance, with emphasis in Billing and Account Receivable
- Problem solving skills necessary to prioritize assignments and make decisions in the best interest of the company and customer
- Hands-on experience with at least one major billing or ERP system – preferably NetSuite or Zuora
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form
- Project management experience
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.