Regional Sales Manager - SMB
Sales | Brighton, United KingdomApply Now!
Want to kick off an exciting career with a fast growing cloud technology business in a complicated, exciting & high growth area of regulatory compliance? We are looking for a Regional Sales Manager to join our EMEA sales team to make an outstanding contribution to the growth of our regional sales capability.
Operating as part of a team, our Regional Sales Managers are responsible for selling Avalara’s global tax services and products primarily to prospects in the European region and working with our partners to leverage their industry relationships to promote our products and services
- Execute campaigns and use networking opportunities and technologies to drive lead generation for new International Tax Automation opportunities
- Use superior interpersonal, presentation and communication skills for sales calls, product presentations, seminars and face-to-face meetings as well as hosting demonstrations and partner webinars.
- Work above and beyond the norm to respond quickly to customer needs. Efficiently and effectively utilising the supporting functions (solution consulting, professional services, legal, support, engineering, product management etc.) to maximise prospect experience, manage and accelerate sales cycles
- Demonstrate high levels of professionalism and leadership by being diligent, thorough and making a positive impact during every sales engagement
- Consistently achieve and exceed monthly booking goals through self-motivation, goal setting and solution driven approaches to problem solving
- Be adaptable, focus on teamwork and maintain a strong sense of ethics in all endeavours
- Curious, ambitious and achievement oriented
- Persistent and positive by nature
- Strong desire to continue a career in technology, VAT or managed services sales
- Self-starter with ability to take initiative
- Proven experience in a new or existing business, quota-carrying sales role.
- Experience in B2B selling of managed services, SaaS software or VAT related services, preferably to tax, finance, IT or business owners at a senior level.
- Experience being held to and motivated by metrics
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills both internally and externally
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and manage time effectively
- Strong problem-solving skills
- High energy and positive attitude
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- A deep and broad network of strong customer and partner relationships that can be leveraged, ideally including existing relationships with ERP (SAP, JDE, Oracle, Dynamics, etc.) or ecommerce / marketplace providers
- Specialised knowledge of the tax industry, including indirect tax calculation, determination, VAT compliance, finance business process (accounts payable/receivable) and a broad array of related services would be a distinct advantage.
- Formal sales training would be an advantage
- A second European language, spoken and written at business level is a benefit
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.
Avalara is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can follow this process outlined when applying for a position: Please provide your name and contact information to our recruitment team at recruitmentEMEA@avalara.com