Lead Software Engineer (R3204)
Engineering | Remote, United States,Remote, NC, United StatesApply Now!
We're building the next generation of services and APIs to support distributing Content to the entire company and are looking for a collaborative team player to join us! We are creating new APIs to parse and process GIS data as a part of our suite of Content APIs.
You will be responsible for progressing the development of our tax content delivery system. This position is well suited to a software engineer who has a desire to solve problems with technology and enjoys building reliable and performant systems.
- 4 years bachelor degree in Computer science degree or equivalent.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum of 12+ years of experience in a software development role, shipping complex applications to large scale production environments.
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities, including troubleshooting.
- Planning, organizing, and decision making abilities with follow-through.
- Be a self-starter; continually seek opportunities to improve yourself, your team, and its products
- Passion to see your product be the best in the business
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases (SQL Server, Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB)
- Experience developing and deploying application in AWS
- Candidate should have experience with development using a MVC Design Pattern
- Experience creating and consuming RESTful web services
- Multi-task with attention to detail and deadlines
- Participate in all phases of the software lifecycle – design, development, unit tests, testing, and support
- Communicate potential risks, delays, concerns to manager and team
- Willingness to continually learn.
- Experience to build CI/CD pipeline (GitLab, Terraform)
- Experience with containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS)
- Perform Code Reviews on teammates code check-ins to ensure standards are met
- Lead and mentor other less experienced software engineers