GRS Filings Coordinator
Compliance | Brighton, United KingdomApply Now!
Avalara is seeking a filings project co-ordinator who is eager to take on a new and exciting role to drive operational and organizational success in the Global Returns Services team in Brighton. You will take the lead on coordinating the successful delivery of all filing cycles assisting with a best in class VAT returns service that delivers low cost, high value services for Avalara and its customers.
You will take the lead on planning, communications, filing execution and cross departmental learnings with a focus on continually improving the delivery of our filing cycles. You will have experience of working within a complex environment and will have the ability to prioritise and deliver a programme of work to achieve an efficient, dependable delivery service
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to join an exceptional group of professionals dedicated to exceeding expectations and driving organizational success.
- Operations accountable owner of Core filing cycles.
- Coordination of the end to end filing cycle including, monitoring of in-month filing preparation progress for the effective administration of all Core filing cycles.
- Documentation of key decisions and activities across all areas of responsibility.
- Providing administrative support to GRS Operations Lead
- Working with our stakeholders and partners to ensure activities and responsibilities are agreed, owned and understood.
- Organising, chairing and participating in all necessary meetings related to BAU filing activities.
- Creating and maintaining operating procedures across the filing process landscape.
- Building foresight in to the process to predict and circumvent issues which may lead to inefficiencies in filling.
- Discovering and implementing improvements in the way in which the business area delivers its filings objectives
- Identifying, managing and escalating risks and blockers to effective service delivery in the business area.
- Build a strong understanding of key stakeholders as well as the business area, it’s interfaces and dependencies, leveraging strengths to improve service delivery.
- Effectively communicate progress, issues and successes so that all key stakeholders remained informed of operational status and progress on new initiatives.
- Experience working at all organizational levels with a high degree of professionalism and business acumen.
- Ability to coordinate complex processes across multiple areas of the business and in conjunction with our third-party partners.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required with a demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Teamwork-oriented with a strong focus on customer satisfaction and business development.
- Ability to solve problems effectively and tenaciously follow-through to ensure end to end success.
- Attention to detail with a drive to continuously improve ways of working and outputs.
- Results-oriented, highly organized, motivated and driven to succeed.
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.
Avalara is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can follow this process outlined when applying for a position: Please provide your name and contact information to our recruitment team at recruitmentEMEA@avalara.com