Sales Development Representative
Sales | Durham, NC, United StatesApply Now!
Who You Are:
- You are persistent. As a self-starter who takes initiative, you don't take “No” for an answer when achieving your goals.
- You are optimistic and fun. You know how to work hard, but also understand that joy and positivity is a key ingredient to success.
- You are humble and curious. You are eager to increase your skillset and embrace all opportunities to learn – from others, and from our own mistakes.
- You know that practice, commitment, and discipline will take you to the next level.
- You take ownership. You don't make excuses and have a strong sense of accountability- for yourself, and others.
- You keep things simple. We are in the business of simplicity, and you communicate complex scenarios in ways that are easily understood.
What You'll Do:
- Respond to and qualify incoming web and phone inquiries regarding Avalara products
- Become an expert on products and services to be sold and maintain relevant industry knowledge
- Create a great first impression to our prospects and customers by providing them with a world class experience
- Drive customer participation in webinars, certification events, and/or conferences
- Maintain active engagement with new and existing leads through creative follow-up communications designed to increase customer interest in Avalara products
- Achieve monthly quotas of qualified and sales accepted opportunities
- Actively collaborate as a team member within the department and the organization as a whole
What's In It For You:
- In-house, high-performance sales and product knowledge training
- Exceptional coaching and skills training and career growth opportunities
- Casual, fun work environment including an onsite exercise facility, Tiki Lounge, summer BBQs and the Avalara Band!
- Solid Base Salary + Commission, 3 weeks' vacation plus holidays, Medical/Dental coverage, and more
- Bachelor's degree is strongly preferred
- Prior inside sales experience
- Experience being held to and motivated by metrics
- Excellent written/verbal communication
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Strong problem-solving skills
- High energy and positive attitude
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.