Software Engineer - Workday
Engineering | Shivajinagar, Pune, IndiaApply Now!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing configurations, enhancements, & customizations of Workday
- Develop, test and deploy integrations required to meet business requirements.
- Track issues and risks; communicate status and escalate concerns to project management.
- Understand existing codebase and identify improvement area.
- Come up with technical designs for new features.
- Perform code reviews and ensure coding standards and practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or Engineering degree in computer/IT etc.
- 3-5 years relevant experience is essential.
- Certification — Must be Workday Studio certified.
- Technical knowledge — Must have working experience in Workday studio.
- Techno functional — Must have sound knowledge of Workday functional and technical architecture.
- Integration knowledge — Must have knowledge in integration involving web services (XML, SOAP, WSDL) and REST protocols.
- OOPS Concepts — Good understanding of OOP concepts
- Design — Good design skills
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Operations Analysis — Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a design.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Must be a team player and participate actively in technical/project decision making process.
- Experience with AGILE development processes like Scrum
- Experience in working with geographically diverse teams.
Working Conditions: Working with U.S. counterparts would require approx. 5-6 hours per week overlap.