Engineering | Seattle, WA, United StatesApply Now!
- Manage direct reports across multiple Scrum teams
- Coach team members on scrum principles
- Lead and refine development and release processes for multiple product lines
- Deliver business needs around high availability and high transaction throughput of a SaaS solution
- Technical user and production support
- Serve as an escalation path for production and user support cases
- Be introspective, always trying to improve yourself and the team around you
Qualifications (absolute must haves walking in the door)
- Track Record of Successful Leadership and Product Ownership
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- 10+ years’ experience in software engineering
- 5+ years management in software engineering
- Experience in Continuous Integration
- Experience in supporting both a SaaS and on-premise products
- Highly scalable transactional systems
- Deep technical knowledge, able to guide and vet architectural approaches.
- Understanding of security protocols and best practices
- AWS Solutions with focus on cost savings and scalability
Preferred Qualifications (great to have but not absolutely necessary)
- Willingness to dive in and get to the bottom of a problem; egos need not apply
- C#, .NET, SQL, NoSQL, Big Data
- Experience with the financial industry with a focus on taxation
- Experience with Software as a Service (SaaS)
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.