Customer Success | Durham, NC, United StatesApply Now!
Be an integral part of a fast-moving company, responsible for successfully managing and supporting the implementation of hundreds of Avalara Customers. This is a fast-paced and challenging role where you will learn the intricacies of Avalara's tax compliance automation solutions.
- Manage a portfolio of ~150+ customers as they implement Avalara's tax compliance automation products
- Assist customers in planning their implementation of Avalara's tax automation suite to support their business processes and industry best practices
- Track key aspects of customer implementations, including key tasks, target dates, forecast dates, risk factors and customer interactions
- Engage internal and external business partners as part of the project management process
- Support customers' success by answering application questions, tracking issues, monitoring changes and resolving or escalating problems according to company guidelines
- Provide training and end-user support during customer onboarding
- Update internal implementation tracking systems in a timely and accurate manner for cross-departmental visibility and reporting
- Follow established implementation standards and operating procedures
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced customer service environment, managing a large portfolio of active customers through their implementation or support process; organization and the ability to balance multiple clients and varying needs is critical to this role's success
- Two or more years of software implementation, preferably within the B2B sector.
- Passionate about customer success, both individual customers and Avalara's customers
- Goal-driven and self-motivated towards continual improvement in knowledge, efficiency, productivity, and customer service; Consultants are measured on a combination of the number of projects successfully completed per month and the quality of the implementation
- Strong communication skills; as a more senior role in the Go Live department you may be called upon to make presentations either internally or externally, to train coworkers or customers on products and best practices.
- Ability to quickly evaluate a customer's abilities and adapt instructions and training accordingly
- Strong team collaborator, believing that the success of the group is as important as individual success
- Flexibility, welcoming growth and change
- Personify the Avalara Success Traits: Ownership, Simplicity, Curiosity, Adaptability, Urgency, Optimism, Humility
- Bachelor's degree
- Understanding of Sales and Use Tax
- Demonstrated ability to install and configure one or more of the following ERPs: Sage 100, Sage 300, Sage 500, Sage Intacct, Dynamics GP, D365 Sales, D365 Business Central, Salesforce Sales Cloud, Stripe Invoicing, NetSuite, QuickBooks, along with the ability to explain the various configuration options and demonstrate sales order/invoicing processes.
- Experience with Tax Automation: lead the implementation of tax engines, returns and/or exemption certificate systems for Avalara, TaxJar, Vertex, Sovos, Sabrix or similar software
- Experience as a Tax Manager, Tax Accountant or bookkeeper for a business
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.