Senior Technical Writer for Developer Documentation
User Experience | Brighton, United KingdomApply Now!
Join our fast-growing Product Experience Group in Brighton to develop original and compelling content experiences for customers and developers.
This position requires someone who has successfully developed and led technical content products as part of a complex and changing ecosystem.
Reporting to the EMEA UX manager, you'll develop effective customer and developer content for Avalara products.
- As the senior technical writer in the EMEA office, develop content strategies and manage content requests for API and customer-facing content
- Partner with the EMEA UX writer to develop and sustain usable content standards
- Collaborate with a global writing pool to ensure continuous improvement for our content and our processes
- Develop technical documentation, sample code, and UI strings
- Gather API documentation requirements from product management, engineering, support, and customers to establish and meet measurable success criteria
- Identify gaps and make recommendations for improving user interface text, Walkme content, error messages, Avalara Help Centre articles, and API documentation
- EvangeliSe company-wide for great customer experiences, and establish content development processes in a rapidly growing agile environment
- Collaborate on an international and localisable content strategy for consumer and developer audiences
- Write and edit code samples and scenarios to demonstrate API best practices
(Be prepared to share examples demonstrating these qualifications during the interview process. Portfolios and samples are strongly encouraged).
- Proven track record of designing and delivering developer and consumer documentation using web technologies and platforms
- Proven track record of writing and/or editing for the web and working with HTML, XML, or markup
- Proven track record of developing a content strategy and leading documentation projects
- Proven track record of working directly with software development teams
- BA/BS degree in Technical Writing, Journalism, Computer Science or relevant professional experience
- Experience working with structured content and/or DITA (1-2 years)
- Experience of developing micro-copy / UX content for a customer-facing software product (1 year)
- Experience of experience working with a partner ecosystem and products that integrate into other business applications
- Experience of working with graphics, visuals, or other media
- MA degree or relevant professional experience
We're building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world. Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there's an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds. That's a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone.
That's why we're growing fast.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S., Canada, South America, Europe, UK and India
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.
Avalara is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can follow this process outlined when applying for a position: Please provide your name and contact information to our recruitment team at recruitmentEMEA@avalara.com