Sr. Program Manager, Global Client Payments
Finance | Seattle, WA, United StatesApply Now!
Avalara is seeking an experienced Sr. Program Manager familiar with Payment services automation and Fintech system integrations to join the Global Payments team. The Sr. Program Manager (YOU!) takes the lead with development, automation and implementation project charter for the Global Client Payments services. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to join an exceptional group of professionals dedicated to exceeding customer expectations in the management of complex projects and delivery of effective sales and use tax automation services.
- Coordinate departmental or cross-functional teams, focused on delivering new or upgrading existing products; monitor the project from initiation through delivery including planning and directing schedules; organize cross-functional activities, ensuring completion of the project (i.e., product on schedule and within budget constraints).
- Lead Agile release planning practices across the team, inclusive of impact mapping, story mapping, sprint over sprint planning, and feature burn down tracking.
- Risk management and mitigation related to Global Payments Ability to maintain strong vendor relationships
- Use of consistent processes and communication systems.
- Develop and manage payments program Projects meet stated goals and outcomes.
- Timely project completion Key performance indicators (KPIs) are informed with metrics and data regarding milestones.
- Development of, and buy-in for, metrics Defined outcomes for projects Implemented processes for increased efficiencies.
- Measurable efficiency gains as evidenced by the removal of process waste through avenues such as automation Quality improvement via reduction of defects, tickets, and root cause analysis and preventative action Key stakeholders are well-informed about project status, milestones.
- Timely escalation of blockers and risks to the project and to the business at large Projects are executed with minimal risk to the project and to overall business Seen as a role model by keeping up with company standards (data tracking, tools, processes).
- Oversee moderately to highly complex and/or large-scale projects from initiation to completion.
- Establish and drives end-to-end project plans; works with teams to ensure on-time milestones and deliverables.
- Produce modeling schedules and capacities Confirms assumptions and requirements with stakeholders
- Champion for new tooling or paths to automation
- Execution of vision and goals for the team and/or Global Client Payments Responsibilities:
- Serve as an effective intermediary between delivery teams and the broader business Drives transparency and predictability across all products
- Responsible for the overall planning, direction, coordination, execution, control and completion of assigned projects or programs
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Develop and deliver stakeholders and leadership detailed project plan to monitor and track progress Actively monitor programs and solve problems to keep projects moving forward.
- Report and escalate as needed. Leverage strong analytical and expertise to elicit requirements and document related business processes, propose/understand best practices for sales and use tax automation initiatives.
- Successfully manage strategic projects with internal teams (Global Compliance, Engineering, Operations, Sales, Product, and Finance) and all external partners (i.e. Vendors, Banks, Jurisdictions) Works with key stakeholders to ensure customer needs are met and facilitates key customer-facing communication
- Create visibility for risk management, mitigation, schedule, budget, and potential problems with projects that span multiple teams Understands how other dependencies impact their work (e.g. customer enablement, upgrades)
- Manage interdependencies, iterations, and changes
- Manage and ensures documentation exists for interdependencies, iterations, and changes.
- Manage release processes for release process, documentation, and cross-team communication for key programs Assist with requirements gathering, gap analysis, product development, executing a comprehensive testing plans, and documentation for a variety of services and projects.
- Demo products, tools, including pre-written and custom-built software applications.
- Continually looks for efficiency gains in process through automation; invents and simplify for waste removal
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Three or more years of software project or program management delivery, preferably SaaS software solution delivery as well as Financial Operations
- Strong ability to understand and conceptualize accounting and tax processes and procedures. Experience using Project Management tools (i.e. Smartsheet, Microsoft Project, JIRA)
- Experience working with clients at all organizational levels with a high degree of professionalism and business acumen.
- Strong ability to articulate process logic and technical architecture including building and delivery of functional/technical presentations.
- Experience with deploying Payment services Fundamental knowledge of Systems Delivery Life Cycle and Software Development Lifecycle.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required with a demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Teamwork-oriented with a strong focus on customer satisfaction and business development.
- Ability to think strategically, solve problems effectively and tenaciously follow-through to ensure client success.
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transactional taxes, including VAT, sales and use, excise, communications, and other tax types. We deliver comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions that are fast, accurate, and easy to use.
Avalara offers hundreds of pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, e-commerce, and other business applications. Each year, the company processes billions of tax transactions for customers and users, files hundreds of thousands of tax compliance documents and tax returns, and manages millions of exemption certificates and other compliance-related documents.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.