Software Engineer - UX/UI
Engineering | Brighton, United KingdomApply Now!
We are looking for a Software Engineer - UX/UI. You will be designing and building the front-end UI across a range of products, to make the user experience simple, intuitive, consistent and representative of the Avalara brand values.
You will be expected to make a difference and that difference will be highly visible to Avalara's thousands of customers. Don't settle for being a tiny cog in a big machine or waiting for customers to arrive – you can have all the benefits of a startup and an immediate impact on real customers at Avalara.
- Implement features with high-quality, well-documented, test-driven, robust, maintainable code.
- Develop a big picture understanding of the customer use cases and detailed business requirements for which the software provides solutions.
- Create scalable new front-end services to support the business needs of Avalara's expansion into new markets.
- 5+ years of designing and building successful web-based software applications and solutions.
- Knowledge of end-to-end testing frameworks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a passion for clean and complete documentation.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and handle multiple tasks.
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Experience with JIRA and GitLab/GitHub.
- Experience with Visual Studio, .NET framework, C#, Web API, and ASP.net MVC is a plus.
- Experience in accounting, VAT or a transactional tax service is desirable.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills and ability to work cross-functionally.
- Experience working with International Engineering teams.
We're building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world. Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there's an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds. That's a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone.
That's why we're growing fast. Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world, in Belgium, Brazil, Canada, India, and the U.K.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, or any other factor protected by law.
Avalara is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can follow this process outlined when applying for a position: Please provide your name and contact information to our recruitment team at recruitmentEMEA@avalara.com