Director, Software Engineering
Engineering | Brighton, United KingdomApply Now!
We're looking for a strong software engineering leader who thrives on complex problems.
The Engineering team is building Avalara's next generation of SaaS software to be part of every VAT calculation in the world. That requires systems with massive scale and redundancy by design with functional excellence. It also requires top notch APIs and a SOA design for maintainability and extensibility.
If you’re looking for opportunities to work on challenging problems, surround yourself with other hardworking talented engineers, and want to spend your time building and shipping, instead of sitting in meetings, come join the orange revolution.
- Manage direct reports across multiple Scrum teams
- Coach team members on scrum principles
- Lead and refine development and release processes for multiple product lines
- Deliver business needs around high availability and high transactional throughput of a SaaS solution
- Technical user and production support
- Comfortable being customer facing
- Serve as an escalation path for production and user support cases
- Be introspective, always trying to improve yourself and the team around you
- Happy to be a hands-on programmer part of the time
- Track Record of Successful Leadership and Product Ownership
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- 10+ years’ experience in software engineering
- 5+ years management in software engineering
- Experience in Continuous Integration
- Experience in optimizing and scaling products.
- Experience in supporting both a SaaS and on-premise products
- Database Management
- Understanding of security protocols and best practices
- AWS Solutions with focus on cost savings and scalability
- Willingness to dive in and get to the bottom of a problem; egos need not apply
- C#, C++, C, Java, SQL, Aurora Postgres, React
- Experience with VAT