Manager, People Operations
People and Culture | Durham, NC, United States,Remote, United StatesApply Now!
This role can be remote in the United States.
Avalara is looking for a Manager, People Operations to join our People & Culture Team to manage the operational processes for employee and contingent worker lifecycle. This role will establish HR Helpdesk case management, SLA and response standards as well as manage team capacity and strategic goals.
- Effectively tracks, measures and reports HR Helpdesk ticketing SLAs, completion, and manages distribution of workload for P&C Support and provide progress reports and metrics for P&C Support to leadership.
- Provide expertise, guidance, and coaching to a growing Global HR Operations team. Establish goals, give performance feedback, and develop career plans for direct reports.
- Oversee maintenance of up-to-date policies, employee handbooks, data audits, and execution of programs to ensure completion and compliance. Facilitate policy and process documentation around programs that impact technology and processes supported by HR Operations, provide guidance on best practices for HR Operations.
- Ensures all HR programs and processes are executed on time as defined by SME Program Managers.
- Serve as SME on P&C program processes that impact HR Business Partners, Total Rewards, Recruiting, and Learning & Development teams
- Partners with key stakeholders and HR Technology PMs to evaluate potential system impact of proposed changes to other projects/processes. Identifies dependencies across projects teams.
- Develop strong relationships with managers and employees across the organization.
- Serves as the point of escalation for HR support needs
- Support additional program and technology enhancements as requested.
- 5 years HR experience, HR operations experience preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience managing people directly in an HR Operations function preferred
- Previous experience demonstrating coaching employees and delegation of workload
- Workday experience required
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office Products, including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong project management skills
- Proactive problem-solver – able to identify issues and gaps
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and leaders
- Ability to meet tight timelines and prioritize competing demands
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions to a diverse group of internal customers
- Ability to learn and adapt to new software/systems quickly
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members and management
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is required