Software Engineering Technical Lead (5662)
Engineering | Durham, NC, United StatesApply Now!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- *** Hands-on coding of new features and functionalities. This role will be required to significantly contribute code. ***
- Perform code reviews and ensure coding standards and practices are followed.
- Implement and follow Agile processes. Organize and lead backlog refinement sessions, daily standup meetings, retrospectives, and other Agile ceremonies as needed.
- Identity and communicate up the need for trainings to ensure the technical competency of engineers on the team, with respect to the project needs.
- Work with Engineering leadership, Product Management, QA and other stakeholders to understand requirements and come up with best technical solution.
- Spearhead various research and development initiatives to identify opportunities for new projects and improved processes.
- Manage software engineers and perform one-on-ones and annual performance reviews.
- Computer science degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 8 years experience building software applications
- Most recent role must involve hands-on coding
- Strong written and verbal communication skill
- Strong experience in C#/.NET, SQL and web services
- Working experience with cloud-based hosting (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Ability to write great documentation
- Passion to see your product be the best in the business
- Significant experience in microservice development
- Strong leadership abilities and great communication skills
Good to have:
- Development experience in multiple programming languages with a preference in C#
- Deployment automation scripting experience (Terraform, Packer, GitLab CI, Jenkins)
- Familiar with containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS)
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.