Director Marketing & Sales Analytics (R6889)
Marketing | Remote, WA, United StatesApply Now!
Avalara is investing in building out its Global Analytics & Insights team to actively engage partners to help envision and define strategies to drive growth, enter new markets, create new business models, and improve operational performance by leveraging Avalara's platform and capabilities. The Insights Team is responsible for engaging and advising senior leaders from our customers on how to grow their SaaS business and deliver additional value to their customers and partners leveraging Avalara.
Our Insights Team combines their practical experience in business transformation with strong analytical skills to align with executives on critical priorities and prescribe solutions to meet their objectives, such as: Creating new business models and driving operational efficiency using Avalara's capabilities. This team builds and develops trusted advisor relationships with customers, partners, and internally across Avalara. The team's experience and thought leadership is shared through executive interactions.
- Lead marketing business analytics organization to optimize decision making through the deployment of predictive and prescriptive analysis and insights
- Work closely with the data platform and data visualization teams to implement an analytics framework required for marketing and sales insights
- Partner with the marketing organization to develop, execute, and optimize all aspects of our digital acquisition and expansion strategy
- Deliver real-time data and reporting solutions and tools for optimization and innovations based on stakeholder data needs
- Develop executive engagement models, executive readouts, and business case content, as well as systems, to scale and measure and drive consensus among decision-makers
- Proactively identify and surface opportunities to increase marketing efficiency, improve conversion rates and optimize customer acquisition cost
Key activities include:
- Build strategic vision for insights at Avlara to support marketing and sales departments (over 700+ people departments)
- Build models to analyze industry and Avalara trends, conduct A/B testing, performance against targets, and forecasting
- Test hypotheses and root cause analysis for marketing and sales
- Develop prototyles to surface insights and share findings, make specific and actionable recommendations to influence business decisions
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience in data analysis, analytics, or business intelligence is required
- Bachelors degree in technical or STEM major
- Minimum of 4 years management experience
- Minimum of 4 years experience with exploratory data analysis, prototyping, testing hypotheses, performing
- Minimum of 5 years experience using SQL or other data analysis languages to drive insights from data
- Experience with BI tools (Tableau, PowerBI, etc.)
- Highly adept at navigating cross-functional business processes and industry trends
- Successful history of developing and growing strategic relationships at the senior level
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with deep experience presenting to senior management
- Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership, leading data-driven analyses, and impacting results
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transactional taxes, including VAT, sales and use, excise, communications, and other tax types. We deliver comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions that are fast, accurate, and easy to use.
Avalara offers hundreds of pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications. Each year, the company processes billions of tax transactions for customers and users, files hundreds of thousands of tax compliance documents and tax returns and manages millions of exemption certificates and other compliance related documents.
Avalara's headquarters are in Seattle, WA and it has offices across the U.S. and in Brighton and London, England; Brussels, Belgium; and Pune, India. More information at: www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.