Customer Account Manager
Sales | Brighton, United KingdomApply Now!
We are looking for a Customer Account Manager to join our growing and thriving team. In this position, you will be responsible for a segment of Avalara's EMEA customer portfolio and manage all retention, renewal, customer satisfaction, upgrade and add-on sales activities, with a specific focus on maximising customer lifetime value.
The best people for this job have a high sense of urgency to deliver results, are ready to own outcomes, possess superb planning and time management skills, and can empathise with customer needs while delivering high value to them in every interaction.
Experience with business accounting concepts, ideally encompassing indirect taxes such as VAT or Sales Tax, is a strong plus.
You will enjoy working with external customers, and internally across departments within Avalara (including New Business Sales, Support, Professional Services, Marketing, and Finance) to resolve issues and explore opportunities.
- Establish a professional working relationship with day-to-day users up to and including executive level.
- Manage a pipeline of add-on and upsell opportunities within a set of existing accounts, and deliver results against a quota.
- Be responsible for customer retention (revenue and named/logo accounts) throughout the renewal sales cycle.
- Provide timely forecasts and risk analysis to direct manager, as well as track customer and partner interaction, leveraging Salesforce
- Articulate and present the value delivered by Avalara products and services to various levels within an organisation to ensure renewal and expansion sales.
- Understand clients' business environments and uncover their sales tax, GST, and VAT challenges to recommend additional products/services.
- Work in a team environment with a Customer Success Director to achieve your targets, and promote client retention and satisfaction.
- Create a win-win environment for both the client and Avalara by professionally and ethically negotiating issues relating to contracts, pricing and service fees.
- Leverage the broader internal team and partner ecosystem to address client satisfaction issues.
- Present a professional image via communication skills; both proactively and when under pressure.
- Grow relationships with key client contacts to ensure that you and Avalara add value at every step, and ultimately encourage a client to promote us to their peers.
- Build client references and uncover client success stories to share with the Customer Account Management and Sales teams, and more widely inside and outside Avalara.
- Develop subject matter expertise and deep product knowledge in order to provide valuable actionable recommendations to clients relating to best practices in managing indirect tax.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proven experience and a successful track record of sales, customer management, consulting or related experience.
- Successful track record in reaching or exceeding goals in customer satisfaction, customer retention, and add-on sales.
- Experience and an excellent understanding of business accounting or audit practices, especially relating to indirect tax and compliance, is a strong plus.
- Experience in maintaining extraordinary external customer relationships.
- Solid communication, listening and writing skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment with a calm and collaborative demeanour.
- Ability to resolve user questions through a combination of independent study, probing and research, and collaborative efforts.
- Good understanding of information systems implementation and support practices.
- Capable of working with people with varied technical and finance backgrounds.
- Organised and reliable; able to work independently and with little direction whenever necessary.
- ‘Self-starter’ mentality, with natural curiosity and technical agility.
- Solid knowledge of desktop productivity tools and experience of using CRM and other systems (primarily Salesforce).
- Multilingual capabilities are advantageous.
- Bachelor's degree (BSc or BA) from an accredited university or college, or equivalent career experience.
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.
Avalara is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can follow this process outlined when applying for a position: Please provide your name and contact information to our recruitment team at recruitmentEMEA@avalara.com