Professional Services | Durham, NC, United StatesApply Now!
The Associate Consultant (YOU!) takes the lead for the launch of client Avalara Returns software projects, historical data processing activities, and in assisting customers with filing of historical tax returns. The Associate Consultant proactively and professionally manages the client relationship and helps guide the client through their tax and compliance automation initiatives. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to join an exceptional group of professionals dedicated to exceeding customer expectations in the delivery of effective sales and use tax automation services.
- Clearly articulate and manage the scope of work for client-initiated projects related to software and data services.
- Monitor client projects and solve problems to keep projects moving forward.
- Document business processes and propose/understand best practices for sales and use tax automation initiatives.
- Train clients on Avalara products and services including the Avalara Returns software.
- Support the sales and account management teams in selling additional tax and professional services.
- Review and analyze customer’s historical data to provide insight into Returns preparations.
- Work with customers and Avalara internal team members to gather data and prepare historical tax return documentation.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or two or more years of software delivery.
- Ability to understand and conceptualize accounting and tax processes and procedures.
- Experience in a customer facing role.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required with a demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Teamwork-oriented with a strong focus on customer satisfaction and business development.
- Ability to think strategically, solve problems effectively and tenaciously follow-through to ensure client success.
- Results-oriented with strong people and time management skills, highly organized, motivated and driven to succeed.
- Experience working with customers at all organizational levels with a high degree of professionalism and business acumen
- Demonstration of the Avalara Success Traits.
- Excellent references from management, team members and cross-functional employees at Avalara.
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.