VP of Sales – Emerging
Sales | Seattle, WA, United StatesApply Now!
The Vice President, Sales is responsible for driving Avalara’s new business sales growth through a fast growing and distributed sales team. This Vice President will be responsible for leading Avalara’s Emerging Market Segment and executing strategies to grow revenues.
He/she will oversee the ensure successful monthly, quarterly, and annual performance consistent with world-class metrics for similar SaaS based companies in the named industries.
- Location: Seattle, WA or Durham, NC
- Leads a growing team of 3 or more sales leaders
- Expected travel of 25%
- Reports to: SVP Sales
- Drive new business bookings growth through execution of the company’s go-to-market strategy
- Apply strong sales methodology to drive velocity, and participate in and conduct sales meetings to drive deal velocity, coaching and helping sales team in active sales cycles deals
- Manage diverse teams focused in the specific vertical industries with primary focus on expanding market share through new logo acquisition
- Coordinate and manage sales team activities focused on all elements of the demand mix (sales promos, webinars, email, communications, training, loyalty & incentive programs)
- Ensure consistent successful monthly and quarterly performance against goals
- Manage team’s performance through discipline and rigor with key KPIs, including daily activity, metrics management
- Improve existing practices, processes and tools to achieve the best scalable, efficient, and repeatable sales process
- Fine-tune value propositions (messages and sales pitch) listening to our prospects and driving internal consensus around the sales strategy
- Maximize and maintain a strong pipeline by optimizing marketing generated opportunities while creating new opportunities through active prospecting
- Continually reassess and, if necessary realign the team’s strategy to optimize performance
- Collaborate with other functional organizations, providing constructive feedback to Lead Generation, Marketing, Engineering and Product teams.
Leadership success with a similar sales model
- 15+ total years of progressive sales experience and a minimum of 7-10 years of sales leadership experience with demonstrable success managing a geographically distributed sales organization focused on the emerging and/or Small Business Market segment.
- Proven ability and experience managing and supporting closing deals in mid-market and enterprise
BtoB/SaaS selling experience
- Specialized knowledge of compliance services, including sales and use tax calculation, exemption certificate management, filing and remittance, and a broad array of compliance related services a plus.
- Experience working with channel partners, and in the ERP like QuickBooks, or Ecommerce Platforms like Shopify, Magento, BigCommerce, etc...
- Demonstrated experience with selling in the SMB market.
New business sales focus
- Proven success managing an annual new business sales responsibility of $30+ M
- Track record of aggressive YOY new business sales growth and accelerating team performance
- Experience managing distributed a sales organization in several US locations
Strong sales execution and process background
- Track record of successfully building and sustaining relationships with clients (whether end users and/or channel partners) in a business solutions, software sales role
- Demonstrated track record of driving daily activities with understanding of metrics and ability to enforce performance accountability
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com required
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.