Engineering Manager - R1081
Engineering | Pune, MH, IndiaApply Now!
- Lead and manage a group of engineers and leads
- Building and managing good relationship with the product management, program management and cross functional teams
- Achieve hiring and retention targets of the team
- Defining product roadmap and strategy for features delivery
- Review program OKRs for success and align with the team goals
- Maintain high productivity, morale and growth culture in the team
- Promote best practices and contributing in community presence
- Be a strong advocate of automating testing and processes
- Responsible for growth of team members at all levels
- Ensure team is following agile and other set processes
- Act as a mentor/coach to engineers and leads to share your knowledge and expertise
- Experience of Salesforce ecosystem, building customisations in Apex, managing teams building products for Salesforce ecosystem
- Bachelor/master's degree in computer science or equivalent
- 10+ years of full stack experience in software design and development
- Expert in Java programming language or APEX
- Experience of working on AWS Cloud and DevOps (Terraform, Docker, ECS, etc.) would be beneficial
- Should be self-motivated with focus on automating everything
- Minimum 2 years of managerial experience
- Strong computer science fundamentals, problem solver and agile skills
- Strong people management skills and experience of managing managers
- Proven experience of developing the skills and career of team members
- Experience of leading teams that built scalable products
- Inspirational leader who understands the needs of customer and business to translate them into vision of the team
- Experience of working in matrix organisations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We're building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world.
Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there's an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds.
That's a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone. That's why we're growing fast.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world, in Belgium, Brazil, Canada, India, and the U.K.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, or any other factor protected by law.