Financial Analyst (EMEA)
Finance | Brighton, United KingdomApply Now!
Job Summary: The Financial Analyst will develop an exceptional level of understanding of overall processes and be able to draw links to the financial results while identifying areas of process improvement or control deficiency.
The position will partner with key internal stakeholders across functional groups to deliver transparency and insight into financial and operating trends to support the company’s continued rapid growth, as well as the monitoring of SLA’s. In this role, the ideal candidate will have superior analytical skills, be detailed oriented, able to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment and communicate effectively to all levels within the organization.
- Partner with key Stakeholders as appropriate to provide timely and consistent monthly reporting on financial and operational performance trends and financials KPIs, their expected impacts to future projections, and associated variance analyses.
- Maintain a high level of understanding of key business processes, ensure they are documented, and the impact to the Financials is clearly understood.
- Identify and challenge areas where process or control deficiency hinders business scalability or undermines the integrity of the Financials.
- Manage key Stakeholder subscriptions, adherence to SLAs, and provide pragmatic solutions to desired process changes proposed by the key Stakeholders.
- Provide detailed explanations and insight around actual results, key trends, and underlying driver behavior as part of the monthly Finance close and forecast processes.
- Forge strong relationships with the Compliance data team, Engineers and Product Managers to build processes and systems that are scalable and effective.
- Develop and maintain high performance relationships with other departments and ensure appropriate communication of plans, issues and opportunities across the business.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis as requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Has a combination of best-in-class experience and worked in an environment where “rolling up your sleeves” is expected.
- Strong analytical skills coupled with significant experience analyzing and summarizing large amounts of data from multiple systems to provide unique insight into business issues.
- Exposure to and strong understanding of GAAP fundamentals to translate operational results in to financial results and/or projections.
- Strong process and project management skills. Ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities and activities to meet tight deadlines with a high level of accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively at all levels, and across organizations and geographies.
- Advanced level experience with Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Some modelling expertise is desirable but not essential.
Education/Experience and/or Training:
- Proven experience of business analysis and/or operations experience in the technology industry, preferably with a software company.
- BA/BS in a related field (Finance, Accounting, Economics, etc…)
- Able to demonstrate relevant commercial insight and how it has influenced change in a business at different operational levels
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.