Lead Software Engineer (6773)
Engineering | Seattle, WA, United StatesApply Now!
Avalara is searching for a Senior Software Developer/Technical Lead with extensive DevOps experience to help us build and evolve our highly distributed and scalable Saas Core Platform.
A successful candidate will be a well-rounded software development engineer with a proven track record of delivering SaaS at scale in an agile environment.
- Read and understand requirements and search out ways to “go big” to solve the underlying problems
- Ability to design and code complex solutions
- Ability to drive a project for a scrum team
- Understand and plan upstream and downstream impacts of software changes
- Develop from the perspective of an attacker and demonstrate every way something could go wrong
- Sketch out your own test cases in the planning phase
- Write integration tests and unit tests
- Collaborate with team members on code reviews and test plans
- Work with product management and subject matter experts to ensure that each feature is useful for the target audience and easy for them to understand
- Design solid data models and make effective use of database technology
- Constantly seek out ways to do a better job and improve automation
- Computer science degree or equivalent
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum of 6+ years of experience in a software development role, shipping complex applications to large scale production environments
- Ability to write great documentation
- Passion to see your product be the best in the business
- Demonstrable mastery of at least one language (C#, Java, C++)
- Experience with .NET Core development
- Demonstrate knowledge to build CI\CD pipeline (GitLab, Terraform)
- Familiar with containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS)
- Familiar with SQL and NoSQL databases (SQL Server, Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB)
- Cloud (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.