Senior Software Development Engineer - GCP (5389)
Engineering | Seattle, WA, United StatesApply Now!
- Work smart and understand how your code impacts the goals of the business
- Be introspective, always trying to improve yourself and the team around you
- Participate on an agile team – full lifecycle and full stack – including design, development, testing, planning, backlog grooming and support
- Design and develop REST API’s for use across multiple platforms
- Work with product owner to define and implement user stories
- Develop unit/integration tests to run in a continuous integration environment
- Support production platform, including troubleshooting & bug fixes
- Communicate potential risks, delays, concerns and status to manager
- Identify and implement best practices for coding as well as development processes
- Own features from design stage through production deployment
- Outstanding problem solving and debugging skills
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design & development and common design patterns
- Top-notch communication skills with techies and non-techies alike
- Proven ability to make things happen and meet commitments
- Willingness to dive in and get to the bottom of a problem; egos need not apply
- Experience working on agile development team
- 3+ years software development experience
- 2+ years with C# and .NET
- 1+ years Web API / REST Service design and development
- 2+ years working with relational databases (MySql, SQL Server, PostgresSQL)
- Familiar with ORMs.
- 1+ years of experience with cloud computing (AWS/Azure)
- Experience writing unit/integration tests
- Experience with UI development
- Experience with SQS, S3, Lambda, EC2, Autoscaling, ELB, etc
- Financial industry experience
- Experience with Software Security
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.